Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Innsmouth postcard

It's tough to say which Lovecraft story is my favorite (there are a lot that I DON'T like, but the ones I like I REALLY like), "Call of Cthulhu" or "Shadow Over Innsmouth."  Probably Cthulhu, because it's so pulpy and has so many different locales, but Innsmouth is like the creepiest place ever written.  Anyway, here's a postcard I picked up at its chain grocery.  The clerk can't wait to be transferred.  

In the image one can see the grocery store, the esoteric order of dagon, the marsh gold refinery, old Zadok Allen, the church basement, bus driver Joe Sergant, and the Gilman House.  Shadow Over Innsmouth ties with The Call of Cthukhu as my favorite Lovecraftian story.


Anyway, I'll have prints and postcards of this at DragonCon.  I'll be in the comic artists section, and I'll have a mustache.  

If you can't make it to DragonCon, I've put this up as a print on Redbubble, so you can get postcards and the like via the mail

1 comment: